Noodles and Company has been very good to Linking Indy Women by opening their Broad Ripple store early for our group on many, many mornings. Their managers have helped set up and on one occasion, even ran to get the bagels for us at 7 am!
The unique partnership that we have had with Noodles and Company along with other organizations in the city embodies the spirit of Linking Indy Women — dive in and step out of your comfort zone.
Our inspiring guest speakers have had a common theme, but not all the same method of course. All of these inspiring women have taken a leap of faith; they’ve jumped in or jumped out into the unknown and made things happen for themselves or others.
Here are 5 thoughts on crossing over the undefined line that I have personally taken away from the many inspiring Linking Indy Women speakers and members.
- You are never too old to try something new. If you’re scared, find an exit buddy. Some people call this an accountability partner — you can come up with your own unique name.
- Stay focused, but not obsessed. So you know you want to, but maybe the path is unclear. Sleep on it. Write it down, and live your life. It will come.
- The ideas in your head are unique. Sharing them can change the world. Maybe it’s even your obligation to do so.
- Surround yourself with supporters, not necessarily cheerleaders. There is a difference.
- Once you have left your comfort zone, share your story with others.
Feel free to add any thoughts or ideas that you have experienced at one of our events. We love hearing from you!